News from the Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy
The Adkerson School of Accountancy’s faculty and staff work hard to impact the profession and to make a difference in the lives of our students. Here are a few updates from Suite 300!
Dr. Nathan Berglund
Dr. Alan Stancill
Dr. Mike Truelson
Dr. Nathan Berglund
- “Management’s Undue Influence over Audit Committee Members: Evidence from Auditor Reporting and Opinion Shopping” in Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. 2021
- “Internal Controls and Operational Performance of Nonprofit Organizations” in the Journal of Governmental & Nonprofit Accounting. Volume in-press. 2021
- “Do Client Bankruptcies Preceded by Clean Audit Opinions Damage Auditor Reputation?” in Contemporary Accounting Research. Volume 37, Issue 3, Pages 1914-1951. 2020
- “Determinants of Timely Adoption of the 2013 COSO Integrated Framework” in the Journal of Information Systems. Volume 34, Issue 1, Pages 1-20. 2020
Dr. Emily Hunt
- “Auditor Response to Estimated Misstatement Risk: A Machine Learning Approach” authored with Dr. Joshua Hunt, Dr. Vernon Richardson and Dr. David Rosser in Accounting Horizons
Dr. Joshua Hunt
- “Auditor Response to Estimated Misstatement Risk: A Machine Learning Approach” authored with Dr. Emily Hunt, Dr. Vernon Richardson and Dr. David Rosser in Accounting Horizons
- “Improving Earnings Predictions and Abnormal Returns with Machine Learning” authored with Dr. James Myers and Dr. Linda Myers in Accounting Horizons
Dr. Brad Lang
- “Pick a Number between 0 and 100: An Examination of Percentage-Based Scales” authored with Dr. Jared Eutsler in Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research
- “GADGET: An Accounting Data Generator” authored with Dr. Matthew Holt in the Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting 18(1): 113-129
Dr. Shawn Mauldin
- “Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place: The Whistleblower’s Dilemma” authored with Dr. Robert Braun, Dr. Dann Fisher, Dr. Amy Hageman and Dr. Michael Shaub in Research on Professional Responsibility and Ethics in Accounting. 2021, Chapter 5, Vol. 24, 75-103.
- “Accounting Graduates with Both Online and Traditional Coursework: Impact on Hiring Decisions” authored with Dr. Margaret Boldt, Dr. Robert Braun and Dr. Chuck Viosca in Accounting Education. 2020, Vol. 29, Issue 4. 340-355.
- “Resilience as a Mitigating Factor in a Model of Accounting Student Departure Intentions” authored with Dr. Kenneth Smith, Dr. David Emerson, Dr. Timothy Haight and Dr. Bob Wood in Accounting Education. 2020, Vol. 29. Issue 1, 77-108.
- “The Impact of the Facebook Court Order & CCPA 2020: Helping Businesses and Accountants meet the Challenge of the New Era of Privacy Compliance” in the Journal of Accounting, Ethics & Public Policy. 2020