News from the Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy
Enhancing our communications with alumni, friends, students and parents is a goal the Adkerson School of Accountancy set a few years ago. To that end, we have strengthened our social media outreach and made it a part of a graduate assistant’s responsibilities.
That assistant is Lindsey Horn of Brandon, and she’s done a fantastic job since she started in August of 2022. The School’s platforms – Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter) and LinkedIn have all seen significant upticks in followers. She attributes the growth to her focus on students and their activities.
“In today’s digital landscape, social media has evolved into an increasingly potent asset spanning all industries,” Horn shares. “Harnessing the potential of social media as a strategic tool within the accounting profession facilitates the seamless connection of professionals with clients, fosters the recruitment of new talent in the field and acts as an indispensable tool for reputation management and cultivating valuable relationships. The strategic usage of social media truly has the power to elevate the accounting profession and our School to new heights of innovation and connectivity.”
- August 2020 – 150 followers; 336 post reach
- September 2023 – 616 followers; 38,121 post reach
- August 2020 – 100 followers; 232 post reach
- September 2023 – 1,087 followers; 2,267 post reach
- 645 current followers; 1,132 post reach in the past 28 days at the time of publication
- 2,600 impressions in the past 30 days at the time of publication